Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1 Year Ago...

It was this time one year ago when we saw this...
After taking 3 tests that showed "the plus sign", Wes got a test that would spell it out for me...maybe then I would believe we were really pregnant!

9 months later...well, actually closer to 10, our little girl was born.

And now she is almost 4 months old!

As I think back over this past year, I am reminded of God's faithfulness.
He was our Stronghold during the months of negative pregnancy tests. He was our Healer when we discovered my hormone imbalance. He was our Joy as I tackled Wes when I saw my first "plus sign". He was our Trust when we couldn't get into see our ob/gyn for 13 weeks. He was our Peace as we rushed to the hospital to assess Aubri's movement. He was our Patience as we waited and waited and waited for her arrival. He was our Provider as He straightened out our insurance situation the day before her birth. He was our Hope as we were faced with the reality of a C-section. He was our Love as heard our little girl's first cry. He was our Rest as we faced sleepless nights. He is our Shepherd as we learn how to parent.
HE IS ALWAYS FAITHFUL!
"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion' says my soul, Therefore I hope in Him." Lam. 3:22

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GODS FAITHFULNESS!
That was beautiful to read....

We love you,

Gamma & Poppa T

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a posting ! Thanks for sharing it.

Ops

Ashley said...

That made me tear up! It's so special to see you as a mother; it adds a whole new dimension to our relationship with each other that we now have motherhood in common. I love it! God is so good!