Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Summer break: The update.

-Bri and I went home to visit my mom and dad for a few days in May. My sister and her girls met us there and we ended up having a great few days of girl time! My parents are renting a 2 bedroom house while they are in process of building their new house, so all 5 girls (me, Bri, Ash, Esther, and Millie) all "slept" in one room! It was cozy and fun! Bri was teething so we ended up on the couch most nights...(at least I am blaming it on Bri, ha!)

-We spent a long weekend in NYC with Wes's sister Ashley and her husband, Jonnie. We had such a great time exploring the city, eating at every bakery we crossed, and just hanging out with the Mackes. They were so kind to give up there bedroom, love on Bri, and let her play with all of Ashley's "pretties" (jewelry) and coasters. We had a wonderful time!

-My cousin, Anna, had her baby, Silas Daniel Abeyta. I can't wait to meet this little fella!

-After having it scheduled for 2 years, the Carroll family all headed to Orange Beach for a family vacation. No oil could stop us! And I am glad it didn't, because the water looked clear and we never even saw 1 tar ball. It was as beautiful as ever! Thanks for a wonderful vacation and all the funny memories! (In typical Mills fashion, we didn't take pictures but you can see some here.)

-On my parents way home from the beach, they stopped by to say hello. The stayed for a few days and we relived the beach vacation as well as made a few more memories! We headed to the Ranger's stadium to catch a ball game, went to the zoo, went downtown for some PF Chang, and did a little golf and shopping. It was great having you guys here!

-Wes turned.....dare I say it???? The Big 3-0! He is an oldie but a goodie!! I love you, Wesley!

-We are anxiously awaiting the call from Wes's sister, Erica. She is expecting a little girl, Blake, August 1. We are so ready to meet this little blessing! I will post pics as soon as she arrives! Please be praying for Erica and Blake in the next few days!

No comments: