Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This one is for you, Aunt Barbara.

(My Aunt Barbara has been giving me a hard time about keeping up with this o'blog. So you can thank her for the update...:) love you, see you soon)

To catch up...

First off, I ran my first 5k. It has been a goal of mine ever since I had Aubri. My good friend, Nicole, came up from south Texas to run in the Zoo Run with me. After running in the rain, a big fall, and few good laughs we finished the race. We were so proud and sore.

Good thing I raced when I did because 3 weeks later on Mother's day we found out that we are expecting our 2nd baby.

We are thrilled! Our new baby's due date is January 15. At our next prenatal visit we will, hopefully, find out the gender!

Now let me fill you in on our sweet bri...because of Aubri's delay in walking, we were advised by our pediatrician to contact Early Childhood Intervention and see if they could diagnose the cause (if there was one) for the delay. So, we did. A PT came out to the house did a evaluation and told us that she may need inserts for her shoes to give her ankles more stability. So, we ordered them. 4-5 days after they arrived, we officially have a FULL TIME walker! Praise the Lord! We have been praying for this for some time now and it is so exciting to see God growing our little girl.
Bri with her inserts.

Now that she is able to walk she is so busy. Before she started walking she was pretty content to sit and play with her toys. Now, she is ALWAYS on the go! She is loving her new legs!

I will do a summer recap soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Boni Williamson said...

So many exciting things going on! I'm so glad you updated!

Great job on the 5K. I am working on getting in the shape to run one too! (just recently started). But, I have a LONG way to go!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW BABY! Two is quite a transition, but it SO MUCH FUN!

Way to go, Aubri! Walking is a huge milestone...be prepared for some MAJOR exploring!

I'm glad your back in the blogging world. I hope you are feeling well!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Jenny!!!! How exciting!! Aubri will be such a fun, big sis! :)