Monday, September 27, 2010

Prayers.

I know that I say this a lot, but I cannot express enough how THANKFUL we are for your prayers. The Lord uses your faithfulness to keep our hearts from becoming overwhelmed.
Psalm 61:1-2
"O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!
From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart
is overwhelmed. "

The Lord is growing our prayer lives significantly through this trial. He is conforming our hearts to depend on and be near to Him in our times of trouble. Recently, though, we have been convicted that we are in desperate need of Him all the time. If our prayer life is consistent, our hearts are near the Lord, and we are dependent upon Him during joyous times, then our initial response during trials will be to cling to Him as well.

This seems simple enough, huh?
But, why is it so hard? Why is my initial response to trial is to call upon my husband, my parents, or my friends? We are thankful for this trial for many reasons, one being that the Lord is using it to transform our hearts to realize our need to remain steadfast in our prayer life, regardless of circumstance.

Wes, Bri, Wesley Adam and I traveled to Arkansas this past weekend. We visited family and friends and used the Razorback tickets my parents gave me for my birthday. It was encouraging to spend time with fellow believers who love the Lord and our family. We also had a wonderful time taking Wesley Adam to his first Razorback football game!


As much as I loathe the 5 hour drive to Arkansas, I am grateful for the uninterrupted conversation that I have with Wes. We share our hearts, we talk about what the Lord is doing in our lives, we talk about our uncertain future, we joke, and we laugh. It makes the drive fun.
On this particular trip, we were talking about all of your prayers. Our hearts were encouraged, but also became burdened for you. We want to return the blessing and intercede before the throne of grace on your behalf.
If you have a prayer request that you would like to share or even an "unspoken", please post a comment or email me at jmills1104@yahoo.com and allow us to pray for you.
It would bring us great joy.

1 comment:

coffee girl said...

we have a pretty big request looming over us right now, i'll be more forthcoming about it in a few days. just pray for us as mike and i make some changes and decisions in the coming month.