Thursday, November 4, 2010

Recluse.

I have been a bit of a recluse the past few weeks. Thankfully, it has been for good reasons.

2 weeks ago,
Bri and I started potty training.
Yes, I say, both Bri and I. It took every bit of energy I had to train myself to be by her side at ALL times. It was a time of striving for discipline, patience, and endurance, but I can say now 2 1/2 weeks later, we have persevered. We are not completely trained yet, but many days go by without an accident. And to me, that is success.
I don't know which thrills Wes more, the fact that Bri is now a big girl or how much money we are saving now that we don't have to buy anymore diapers!

Last week,
Bri, Wesley Adam, and I headed to Arkansas to see family to give Wes some uninterrupted work time. He had a big paper due yesterday. (Which is why I am just now getting to post-he was holding the computer hostage.)
We had fun visiting all of the Bri and Wesley Adam's grandparents and a few aunts and uncles, too.
While we were visiting Nana and Ops, Aunt Ashley took a few vacation days from work and met us in Fort Smith for some MUCH needed girl time. Thank you, Ashley, for making the trip! I have missed you so much!
Aunt Ashley and Uncle Ben were determined to feel Wesley Adam kick.
And he didn't let them down!

This week,
Bri was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease. Poor baby.
Per doctors orders, we are now forced to hibernate until this highly contagious virus runs its course.
As I was driving Bri to the pediatrician yesterday, I was thinking that this was becoming a way too frequent occurrence. I began to count all the times since Wesley Adam's diagnosis that Bri has had to go to the doctor. I relate it back to his diagnosis because every time Bri gets sick, I think to myself "now, both my children are sick...".
It is a battle of my mind.
I have been reading Elizabeth George's "Loving God With All Your Mind". I bought it a few weeks before we found out about our little guy's disease, and it couldn't be more timely. It is a book about training yourself to take your thoughts captive-not to think about all the "what if's" or "what could have been's" but to "think on what is true" Phil. 4:8
My Aunt Barbara said it well when she said "we are not going to fill today with lots of tears and sadness because the Bible tells us to live each day for today and not worry about tomorrow. And today, Wesley Adam is alive, growing, and kicking and for that we are grateful."
Thank you, Lord, for speaking wisdom to me through my Aunt Barbara.

We have our next ob/gyn appointment on Tuesday. We are always excited to get a check-up on how WA is growing. And growing he is. My belly is getting HUGE! I think I am already as big as I was in my 9th month with Aubri. Aubri has really started noticing how big I am getting. She talks about bubba all the time. She has started saying "Lotion Bubba?" And she will help me rub lotion on my tummy. She is such a sweet big sister.

Now that a paper is turned in, we are through traveling, and hopefully, all on the mend. We are looking forward to some quality family time in the days ahead!
(Before the next paper is due...)

No comments: