Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day.

Mother's Day weekend we were in Arkansas to visit our new nephew/cousin, Elijah.
We had a WONDERFUL time!
At Nana and Ops, we spent time fishing, grilling out steaks and burgers, riding on Ops tractor, getting in the hot tub, walking and strolling around the lake, watching the geese fly and swim in the lake, having a pizza picnic, running in relay races, and so much more.

We were able to stop by and have a Mother's Day lunch with Aubri's Mima and Poppie and swing by and see Papa on our way out of town. We missed you, Gamma!

Here are a few pictures from our trip.

It is a tradition that anytime the Carroll family gets together we have pancakes for breakfast.
The grandkids get to help Ops make them and only Ops and his helpers know the "secret ingredients". Aubri is finally old enough to help and she loved every minute of it!

Ops got a new lawn mower...er, I mean, tractor.
He took turns pulling the grandkids around in the wagon and, then they each got a turn driving! Aubri, of course, was a little hesitant at first, but after she saw her older (and younger) cousins do it, she was more comfortable.

Nana and Aubri on Mother's day.


We went over to Poppie's mom's house for lunch and saw Mima and Poppie.
Blake and Aunt Erica stopped by too! We had such a fun time laughing, talking, and making a video to send to great-Mamaw Peggy.

I LOVE Mother's Day. It is one of my favorite days.
You know that feeling right after you have a baby when you want to show the world how precious your sweet baby is?
Well, that is how my heart feels on Mother's Day.
I am so proud and grateful for my two babies.

Mother's Day 2008
I LOVE this picture.
This is a picture of my first official Mother's day. I was 6 weeks pregnant with Aubri.
My Mamaw and my mom had come to Texas for Wes's graduation and I was honored to celebrate with two of my favorite moms.

Mother's Day 2009
This was my first mother's day with my baby girl in my arms.
I am so thankful that God gave me such a beautiful and sweet little girl.

Mother's Day 2010
Last year on Mother's day, we found out that I was pregnant with our son, Wesley Adam. What a special day; I celebrated with a little girl in my arms and a little boy in my belly.
Thank you, God, for giving me a Mother's Day with Wesley Adam. You are so gracious.

Mother's Day 2011
Wes, Bri, and I celebrated Mother's day yesterday. They took me to my favorite restaurant for dinner. We planned to go by the park on our way home to play for a little while, but it started raining, so we headed home for a game of shopping cart basketball in the living room instead.

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3

1 comment:

Boni Williamson said...

So glad you are back blogging! I am glad to see updates on your sweet little family. You look beautiful as usual and Aubri is getting SO big. She's practically a grown up! ;)