Thursday, September 2, 2010

Joy.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance." James 1:2-3

Wes and I have been talking about these verses for years. Recently, they have taken on a whole new meaning. I have never faced any sort of trial or tragedy that caused me to really search for the Lord's joy. I am searching now. I admit, that these verses are very hard for me to really understand. Pure joy? Really? I have some joy but I also have so much heartache and pain. Pure joy has not yet been found. I trust the Lord. I trust His word and I am longing for pure joy.

Each day that I spend in God's word, He gives me joy. Each day I have been able to experience His joy in a little different way than the day before.

Today it looked like this:

-I woke up to drizzling rain. It was a beautiful sound that was accompanied shortly, by my sweet girl's call for "Ma-ma" on the monitor.

-My husband was an encouragement to me as he prayed for me before he went to work.

-I enjoyed a morning with Wes's sister, Erica, and our niece, Blake. Erica is on her maternity leave and has come to stay with us. We are loving their company.

-I reread several encouraging cards that we have received the past few weeks. It is so comforting to have these. I am planning on making a scrapbook of Wesley Adam's life to record all the people that have touched our lives and all the lives that he has touched.

- As I was rereading the cards, Wesley Adam started loving on his mommy by giving me some kicks! This must be the absolute best feeling. It brings a smile to my face every time.

-Erica and I enjoyed the sunshine this afternoon and took our babies on a walk around the seminary campus. We checked the mail and I received 3 more encouraging cards. Thank you so much for continuing to petition to our great God on our behalf.

-Aubri has started saying "Bub-ba" and she loves to kiss and point to my belly.

I look forward to the new joys the Lord will bring tomorrow.
I trust in His promises and know that through Him pure joy will come.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen and Wes, I am praying for you all this morning. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I thank God that HE is revealing Himself thru you - that JOY is in the LORD and not in circumstances. reminds me of John 15 - just abiding in HIM produces joy. v.14 ...THAT MY JOY MAY BE IN YOU AND THAT YOUR JOY MAY BE COMPLETE" V.16 YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME, BUT I CHOSE YOU AND APPOINTED YOU TO BEAR MUCH FRUIT- FRUIT THAT WILL LAST"- FOREVER.
ACTS 20:24 THAT I MAY FINISH MY COURSE WITH JOY...
Praying for JOY today & tomorrow!
love in Christ Jesus,
karen damron