Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Due Date

January 15th was Wesley Adam's expected due date. For me, it came with dreaded anticipation. But, just as He has guided us through everyday, Saturday was no different-the Lord's grace was sufficient. Yes, there were many moments of emotion, but the Lord's peace was very present.
We knew we wanted to make a trip to the cemetery. Thankfully, for us, the cemetery is not a place of grieving and heartache. Though Wesley Adam's body may be there, he is not. He is in the presence of our Lord and his body is no longer broken. As much as I wish he was here with me, I know there is no other place that he would rather be-what a wonderful truth. While we are at the cemetery, our thoughts are often turned to Christ's return and when all things are made new. Wesley Adam is buried in a section of the cemetery called Bluebird. Right behind Bluebird is a Jewish cemetery. We often excitedly joke that when Christ returns, Wesley Adam's body will be resurrected along with God's chosen people! We are weird...I know.

While we were at the cemetery, we stopped at the funeral home to order Wesley Adam's memorial stone. This is almost more than a mother can bear. I forced myself to go through the motions and choose a stone as if I was picking out groceries at the supermarket-it was just easier that way. If for a second I let myself think about what I was there to do, I would fall apart. Aubri was with us; what a blessed distraction a 2 year old can be.

We finished up and went out to eat at our favorite Mexican hole-in-the-wall. Wes and I prayed together and had really good conversation. We were encouraged.

The day was good. The Lord used it to draw us closer to Himself. He opened our eyes even wider to the brokenness of this world. He quickened our hearts even more to cry out COME, LORD JESUS, COME!

3 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Dear Jen,

You don't know me, but I work with your dad :) I've been reading your blog and pray for you periodically. Our situations are very different, but the result is the same. Our children are in Heaven before us.

My husband & I have been living without our son for 3 years. God is good and He has carried us through so much. I know you are relying on Him to carry you too. He never fails. I look forward to reading more as your journey continues.

Hugs to you and your family
Becky

Boni Williamson said...

Beautiful, Jenny. My prayers are with you and your family. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Continueing to pray for you all. Thanks for sharing your heart and faith. Looking forward to seeing you and Bri soon. Love, Aunt Beth