Wednesday, January 12, 2011

White as snow.

This past weekend we traveled to South Arkansas so visit my grandparents. We had not seen them since last May and it was high time we did. Mamaw's Sunday School class has been a great encouragement to us as they shower us with daily prayer and frequent letters. There have been days that I would go to the mailbox and pull out a stack of envelopes and not recognize a single name on the return address label. We were really looking forward to having the opportunity to meet these ladies and show our appreciation.
So, Friday, we packed for our 2 night stay and made the 4 hour trek. We had a wonderful time with Mamaw and Papaw by catching up and telling stories. And of course, we were spoiled with all of Mamaw's cooking.
On Saturday night, Papaw and I met my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins at their church for a concert. We froze, but had a wonderful time. Mamaw, Wes and Bri stayed home but had an equally great time taking a bath and having a dance party.
Sunday, Wes and I went with Mamaw to her Sunday School class. As each of the ladies went around the circle telling me their names, I became completely overwhelmed with emotion. Each name was one that I recognized. All of the ladies had been faithful to the Lord and encouraged me, their sister in Christ. What a blessing it was to meet them.
When we returned to our car after church it was sleeting. It continued to sleet and snow for the next several hours. By 5 o'clock that evening, we had accumulated 8-10 inches.
Needless to say, we were snowed in.
So, our 2 day stay turned into a 4 days. They Lord must have known I need that extra time with my grandparents. Here are a few pictures to recap our "vacation".

Mamaw and I sat looking out the window watching the snow fall. She said "Jenny, every time I see the snow I am reminded of the Isaiah passage, 'though your sins are like scarlet, they will be made as white as snow', now that is white-that is FORGIVEN."
Yes, ma'am.







Tuesday morning, we packed and headed home. Thank you, Mamaw and Papaw and the Fords, for a wonderful long weekend. Thank you for encouraging us, speaking Truth to us, and loving us.

2 comments:

The Fords said...

What a gift to get to spend the days with you, Wes and Aubri in a such a gorgeous setting. We had a great visit and wonderful time playing!!!
We love you!

CRB said...

So sweet.