Thursday, May 28, 2009

Fun times and not so fun times

It's been a while since our last post. We have had a whole bunch going on! Let me catch you up...

Wes's best friend, Cliff, and his wife, Nichole (also a good friend of ours), and their gorgeous daughter, Georgia, came to visit us for Memorial Day weekend! It had been almost 2 years since we had seen our good friends. We had never met Georgia and she is is already over 1 year old! My how things have changed in 2 years! Ha! So, the dads golfed, the moms sewed, and the babies played! It was a great relaxing weekend.

Until Monday...
Monday morning I woke up very sick with a high fever. Yuck! Wes was such a sweetie and watched Bri so I could take a few good naps that afternoon. And then Tuesday it was Aubri's turn...

Tuesday morning, Aubri woke up with a cough and a fever. I took her in to see her doc and he confirmed a viral infection. There is little that can be done for someone so young. Tuesday night her fever went way up.

Wednesday her fever went back down.

Wednesday night, she cried and coughed ALL night long!

SO, we headed back to see the doc today. I was afraid the infection may have gone to her ears! Praise the Lord that it hasn't! It is just going to take a few days to get over this virus.

This is yet another reminder that I must trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge Him and He will direct my paths.(Proverbs 3:5-6)

Thank you so much for those of you who have prayed for our family during this time.

No comments: